Saturday, December 11, 2010

Winter in my Garden...

                                    



full of pride for my long stem beauties...I never thought a girl from
Wisconsin could grow something like this...



 African daisies...





In the back garden a massive vine of Powder Puffs..
full o hummingbirds...planted?  who knows
40 years or so ago...





 A MALLOW BUSH RESIDES IN THE FRONT GARDEN
and the bees and hummingbirds are so glad it does.









succulent succulents




 I love combining succulents in unusual ways and 
putting them in different and unique containers.
This always helps to sell the container too.






rosemary is flowering again.







 MY ROSE ARBOUR...5 YEARS IN THE MAKING...who
would have thought that a CECILE BRUNNER ROSE IN A
ONE GALLON POT WOULD TURN INTO THIS...CERTAINLY
NOT MOI...











A four year old Brugmansia next to
one of English Husbands sculptures...
                                          


 Have a beautiful December...AND STAY WARM WHERE
EVER YOU LIVE.   COZY UP AND ENJOY THIS BEAUTIFUL.
MAGICAL TIME OF THE YEAR....


 Cynthia at Beatnheart

12 comments:

Riki Schumacher said...

Wow, your flowers are doing great this winter! Just beautiful Cynthia, love the pics. Happy holidays to you too. Hugs, Riki

Chris said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sprinkling pics of nature into my gray day~~:-)

Von said...

Delicious!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your rose arbour is stunning!

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Hello Cynthia!
OH MY Gosh I can't believe your garden looks like this in December! We don't have snow here in our part of Kansas yet but it's going down to 13 tonight and tomorrow night it will be 8...brrr. Thank heavens we've got the wood stove or our furnace would be sucking back the propane for sure! Your flowers are just gorgeous and the Cecile Brunner is stunning...must be your mild weather that makes them grow so huge. I hope you're having fun decorating for the holidays...enjoy your Sunday.
Maura :)

Fire Byrd said...

That is some lovely collection of beautiful flowers. Made me warm looking at them. Your winter flowers are what grows here in the height of my summer!
xx

Off the Beadin' Path said...

Hi Cynthia, Just spotted your comment on my blog, thanks for looking! Your gorgeous flower photos are so welcome as we experience below-zero wind chills and 12" of snow from the biggest winter storm since we moved here in 1975! I'm adding you to my blog list and will be back for some sunshine!

PK Studios said...

As my hub would say, shnice!! LOOOOOVE Cecil Brunners...just planted one a year ago myself... but it's note so glorious as yours! Just noticed you have my friend Gaea's blog on your blogroll... her daughter is in my son's TaeKwonDo class! Small world : )
And by the way, go get yourself a pomegranate juicer, my dear!! It will be the best xmas present you can buy yourself! Tasty and healthy! I even went shopping for you (this is similar to the one I have):
http://www.ecojuicer.com/
Hugs,
Penny

Anonymous said...

Your garden looks wonderful Cynthia!!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Hi Cynthia, Your garden is absolutely gorgeous. I'm inspired to get out there and work in mine.
Cheers, jj

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I cannot tell you how different my garden looks from yours at present. Snow flurries here today, and wind that will knock you down! Not good for the flowers. But you should handcraft a calendar for Christmas presents for your friends. Each month a glorious photograph of your beautiful garden!!

Holly Loves Art said...

Such beautiful pictures! I always love seeing pictures of flowers. They were my dad's favorite subject. Thank you for sharing!

Yes, staying very warm here. It was in the low 80's today!

Have a great week ahead.

Holly

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails