Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Beatnheart is one year old.




It starts with just one photo...


I’m  exploring
and changing
and trying
and developing




seeing things different
with new eyes
different lenses
far out focus




textures
cropping
text
fade in
and out




I’m putting on my rose coloured glasses 
and making my world a bit more interesting
bigger, brighter, better,
always different
and not accepting the status quo
of the past...



Cause you can teach this middle aged brain new things. 
I find that standing still and doing the same thing
 over and over again bores me
so I shake it up
and mess about
and play.

DISCOVER
NEW 
THINGS
TODAY..

Do things different than you usually do.
challenge yourself!
You may reveal talents you didn’t know you had


 I am Celebrating one year of blogging...

I remember that first baby step and pressing PUBLISH POST for the first time.  scary...
Surely thinking no one will ever read this and that’s ok, I’ll do it for myself.  It’s my diary of sorts and
a way to pass down some sort of legacy. A tool to see where I’ve come from and where I’m 
going.   Who would have ever thought I would find all the good friends I have gathered from this
humble little place.  

THANK YOU ALL FOR SHARING AND LEARNING AND GROWING RIGHT ALONG WITH
ME.   WITHOUT DISCOVERING NEW THINGS AND CHALLENGING MYSELF MY WORLD
WOULD HAVE BEEN A LOT DULLER.  You all have inspired me to work harder and be
better and not just accept who I am but aim just a little bit higher and reach for new goals.

17 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I like your philosophy!

Mise said...

Happy birthday Beatnheart and many good wishes for more happy good humour and pondering in the next year.

Davinia said...

Congratulations on your blogaversary. It is scary clicking publish for the first time, but glad you did and thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas with us and your beautiful jewelry.

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Happy blogiversary Cynthia!! I remember well the two of us figuring things out at the start. So happy to have become friends with you. I agree with you and love that quote about not seeking new landscapes but looking with new eyes. Cheers friend.

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Yes Happy Blogiversary Cynthia! Goodness we really did start doing this about the same time didn't we. Look at you now...you're moving and shaking girl! Congratulations my friend :)
Maura X

Chris said...

Happy Blog Birthday Cynthia! I'm so glad you decided to blog. You are one of my online guilty pleasures~~Love you!

Fire Byrd said...

I remember this time last year meeting you. It was a pleasure then and it is still a pleasure now.
And one day when the lottery does what's supposed to and pay me out then I'll be round for a glass of wine!

Kath said...

Just a year? I feel as if I have known you far longer. It has been a pleasure being along for the ride :-D

MoonRae said...

Congratulations sweetie!!
~Sharon~

La Petite Gallery said...

Well congratulations, it certainly has been a wonderful year of visiting you teriffic posts. Onward and outward. Think outside the box and all that jazz. Your images age very moving. Great subject.

yvonne

Anonymous said...

I remember your first posts...how great it was to have you on board! You've provided such great company and its such a pleasure to know you and share in your wonderful creative endeavours! Congratulations on your bloggieversary Cynthia.I like what you've done with the photos in this post! xxx

Laura said...

congratulations on a full year of blogging Cynthia...It is an amazing heart filling experience to connect with so many beautiful souls in this way! I know I've not dropped by in awhile, but I remember your early posts well. I'm so glad you found me and brought me into your life through this magical bridge of love!

Joanna Jenkins said...

One full year is BIG! Congratulations-- I'm so happy you started blogging. it's been a pleasure getting to know you.

Cheers to many more years of growing. xo jj

Saz said...

well done on your one year....enjoying dropping by!

saz x

Marian said...

Many Happy Returns on your one year anniversary Cynthia. I love your blog and look forward to your posts. Thanks for sharing your journey, it's greatly appreciated.

PK Studios said...

Congratulations on your perseverance and your bravery......I am so happy you have stuck with it. Always a joy to come visit : ) Thank you Cynthia!!! Hugs,
Penny

Privet and Holly said...

Congrats, sweet friend!
I agree, it's important
to keep stretching and
growing....Use it or lose
it, right??! And I want
to continue using it for
as long as possible : )
I'm amazed by some in my
parent's generation {but
not MY parents, thankfully}
who refuse to use a computer.
How lost I would be in this
new world without one!
Keep playing, having fun
and discovering!!
xx Suzanne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails