Saturday, December 31, 2011

Well it sure wasn't dull



2011 is a year I'll never forget. I lost my mom...a big, ginormous event in any ones life. I am still not settled down from that and am dealing with it on a daily basis in the best way that I can.

I got a job in the corporate world, and found out soon enough that I am not cut out for that...
That suited me about as much as the size X sweatpants I used to wear.   I lost 20lbs... Goodbye, farewell, auf wiedersehen,  goodnight.    I've kept it off and this is the first New Years Day in my life where
 I didn't need to start a diet.

 I started my ETSY site. Set it up by myself, set up PayPal myself. Yep me, formally known as" she who was computer illiterate" now kicking butt and trying STUFF I WOULD  HAVE NEVER EVER TRIED BEFORE.

 I have stuck with a Yoga program and have not given it up.   I am a card carrying Yogini.
  I've created a new body...don't get me wrong..It is still the body of a woman who has gained and lost 20lbs.so many times that I have lost count. I still wouldn’t wear a swimsuit in public but if I am held together with black cotton and lot's of lycra I don't look too bad. But the stength, the flexibility, that has come from solid hard work and a firm desire... It did not come from reading a magazine article or talking about how I would love to do it but,  it came from putting in the time on the mat.

  I brought in more sales at my antique mall space this year than last year...huge,  considering a lot of places have closed down.. I just changed up my game plan and worked harder and put in more time.

My music has been taken to a whole new level, again through diligent  work and practice and meeting
new people in The Long Beach Uke Club.  I play with my rock and roll and blues boys and keep up
with them.

All in all a full year..I am hopeful for the next...I am going to work even harder. And mostly
slow down in the process and relish the moments, love and appreciate my friends, be a better
friend, give more, see more movies, play a lot more music, dance more, get outside to run and play, be a better wife, a better citizen and a better me.

 Thanks to you all for a wonderful year. You all have helped me in more ways than we'll ever know.


Cynthia

9 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

A year of some sorrows and many triumphs -- may 2012 bring nothing but good things your way!

debra@dustjacket said...

Love your wishes for the new year...me too!

Happy New Year xxx DJ

OldLady Of The Hills said...

It was certainly a full year, my dear---filled with great sadness and with some joys and triumphs, too...!
May 2012 be a Healthy, Happy, Wonderous year for you and for all those so very dear to your heart---Mr. Beatnheart, for one. Hugs to you both.

loveandlilac said...

2011 was a monumentally difficult year for this 59 year old but like you I am very hopeful for the year to come. Happy new year.
Louise xx

Chris said...

Wow Cynthia, what a list! You've had joys, sorrows, triumphs and new experiences...and embracing HEALTH! I consider myself a home yogini too. I'm on my mat 5 days a week and know it makes a huge difference in my body and my mind. So your accomplishment really means so much to me.
So glad about your business accomplishments. You are amazing.
Here's to 2012. May it reflect more growth AND "just being". :-)

La Petite Gallery said...

You don't need too much improvement.
I had a sad year too. They say you have sadness so you can later enjoy Life. They go hand in hand. Wishing you lots of happy days.
yvonne

Midwest to Midlands said...

What a year you have had. Your accomplishments are impressive on their own but even more so in a year of sadness and loss. I have no doubt you will continue to reach new goals in 2012.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Hi Cynthia, I've been thinking of you and know this had to have been a tough holiday for you without your mom. xoxo

A hug high five for NOT having to start a diet in the new year! That's fantastic. Keep up the good work.

xoxo jj

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

My dear friend Cynthia,
Many, many thanks for all of your support throughout 2011 and for your wonderful blogging friendship
Wishing you a Happy, Healthy and Peaceful 2012 filled with magical moments. Love and lots of fun.
Sent with love from my family to yours. XXXX

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails