Monday, August 6, 2012

loading up the shop

I’m getting ready for my trip to Wisconsin.  This will be the first time back since my mom’s passing.
I don’t know how I’ll be feeling... but it sure will be weird being in the house she died in and I’m bound to go through a lot of changes,  but I have some fun things planned and I’m ready to get out of the big city and be in my homeland which I miss, especially in the summer.   I am going to see one of my favorite bands, The BoDeans, in Oshkosh with my brother.  I also have a Blues Festival planned for a weekend so things ought to be pretty cool.



So in preparation, I’m working non-stop to fill my Etsy shop before I leave.  I just park myself in front of the fan because now it’s just too hot to sit outside.  This old 1920s house is hotter than a pistol inside.




More bangle stacks cause the ladies just can’t seem
to get enough of them....

and they keep selling..

and that makes me very happy.









I made many of these while watching a Marilyn Monroe
marathon on TCM...Bus Stop, Seven Year Itch
(The Sheboygan Conservatory of Music) and How to
Marry a Millionaire.

boho wedding






In closing, here’s a heart shaped
pee spot in the litter box...
I just couldn’t resist...




17 comments:

Juliette said...

Okay everything was great until the heart shaped pee spot. Hah!

Beautiful work, girl. Your bangles make me happy.

xoxo Juliette

Flotsam Tide said...

LOL on the pee spot. Loving your pretty bangle stacks and wishing you well on your trip home. Blues festivals are always so much fun, good music, happy vibes. <3

PipnMolly said...

Real nice batch of bangles.
I love that you even noticed heart shaped cat pee let alone took a picture to share!!
Enjoy your trip.

Lela said...

No surprise your bangles are selling - they are simply GORGEOUS! Have a safe & fun trip.

That heart shaped pee spot is hilarious. ♥
:)

stregata said...

It takes a special person to see the heart in a litter box...
Have a great trip and a safe trip!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Beautiful things, My Dear....And, I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Lucie Tales said...

Your bangles are awesome, you've grown a great talent here!
Wishing you a wonderful trip home :D

Kath said...

Your work has really developed into your unmistakeable style.
Enjoy your bittersweet trip xx

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Hahaha ..... love the heart !!
..... love your bangles too. You are working so hard Cynthia.
Have a wonderful trip and just remember all of the good times.
Looking forward to hearing all about it when you return. Much love and a safe journey. XXXX

Anonymous said...

The heart-shaped cat pee is hilarious - and your work is wonderful. Have a great trip Cynthia.

Terra said...

I like your bead bangle stacks, and have a good visit home; you are wise to have some fun plans set up, as being in the house will be strange.
And that pee stain, now that is weird!

quisnam said...

Luv your bangle stacks. Have a great trip and stay safe.

quisnam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
La Petite Gallery said...

I am sure the trip will be a sweet experince. Going home is always great. Lucky you have a brother to share with. Be well and love your bangles. yvonne

martinisfor2 said...

Your bangles are fabulous as always.

Still laughing at the pee spot! I found one in the shape of Mickey Mouse's head once which coincidentally one of our cats has the same shape on his back when he lies down.

maureenb said...

I watched the same MM marathon! Only I cut out stamped angels and santas for christmas ornies while you were creating those fab bangles! great minds...

Hallo said...

Oh, you just reminds me to my mom's collections. They are lovely....

Regards from Belgium

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails